Your world is always changing, and so are we. Weston & Sampson offers interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services that make the world a better place. Innovative and reliable, we've worked to improve the communities where you live, WORK, and play for more than a century. Come join us as we grow.
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned, mid-size company with public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. With over 550 professionals and counting, we are experiencing rapid growth and are excited about our upcoming move to a new corporate headquarters located along Route 128 in Reading, Massachusetts. Looking for talented staff to join our team, Weston & Sampson encourages professional growth and achievement; offers a comfortable, collaborative working environment; and provides training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success.
In addition to a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture, Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
We have a need for an entry-level Water Meter Reader/Operator who will assist in the operation and maintenance of a municipal drinking water system in Chatham, MA.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
· Reading/installing potable water meters and automatic meter read radios for a community on the Cape.
· Will assist with seasonal turn on/off’s, assist in the operation of Municipal water wells, 100 miles of distribution, chemical heed systems.
· Must be able to participate in the rotational on-call, weekend and holiday coverage.
· Assist other personnel on an “as needed” or directive basis such as fire hydrant flushing, standpipe cleaning, fire flow testing and exercising of gate valves throughout the distribution system.
· A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Walking 75% of the time, 25% standing.
· Must be able to climb ladders and lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
· Familiarity with computers in a Windows based environment.
· Strong customer service skills, ability to problem solve on the spot and be well organized.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Must hold a Massachusetts T-1 drinking water certification within one year of appointment to Meter Reader.
· Some evening and weekend hours are required.